Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vegetable Quesadilla

Earlier this week my mom went down the shore for a few nights so I stayed at her house to watch her dog, Louie.  He’s a Great Dane and he is so big!  She thought he was going to be a small Dane, but he’s about 140 pounds.  He is the most loveable dog and always wants to be around people. 


Since it was just me that I had to cook for, I wanted to think of something that was quick and easy and that didn’t require a lot of ingredients.  That’s when I came up with my vegetable quesadillas! I have wanted to try Laughing Cow cheese and this finally gave me the opportunity to do so.  I had a lot of the ingredients on hand so this was the perfect meal.  I will have to make these again but try some new things in there!

Ingredients:
·         2 medium Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortillas

·         1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco and Chipotle (you can really use any of their light cheeses but I was having Mexican so I chose this one)

·         1 medium jalapeno (my mom has a little garden out back and I was able to use one from there!)

·         ½ green pepper, cut into small slices

·         2 oz. sliced mushrooms

·         ¼ onion, sliced thin

·         2 tablespoons fat free sour cream

·         2 tablespoons salsa

Directions:
1.       Spray a pan with non-fat cooking spray and place over medium heat.

2.       Add peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes. 

3.       Then add onions, mushrooms, and jalapeno to the peppers and sauté for about 3 more minutes until softened


4.       While the vegetables are cooking spread half of the cheese wedge over one tortilla and the other half over the other and set aside.

5.       Once the vegetables are done cooking, transfer them to a plate.  Respray the same pan with non-fat spray and add one of the tortillas, cheese side up.  Top with the vegetable mixture.


6.       Once all the vegetables are on, add the other tortilla, cheese side onto the vegetables.

7.       Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.  Transfer to a plate, cut into 4 slices and evenly top the sour cream and salsa over each slice.


Nutritional Information (serves 1):  336 calories, 7g fat, 53.5g carbohydrates, 25.2g fiber, 8mg cholesterol, 8.3g sugar, 16.4g protein

Weight Watchers points per serving: 6 points plus

No comments:

Post a Comment