Friday, July 6, 2012

Pizza Time!

Who doesn’t love pizza?  I know that I do so when I first started Weight Watchers; I knew that I had to find a pizza recipe that was as flavorful as the real thing!  I am not a fan of rolling out my own dough, one because I have not mastered the art of it not sticking to the rolling pin, and two because I just don’t have the patience – I am my father’s daughter!  With that being said, I stick to pizza crusts and have found the perfect one at Trader Joe’s (If you can’t tell yet, I love that place).  It’s the Rustic Ciabatta Flatbread and it’s delicious!! I highly recommend it.



Ingredients:
·         Trader Joe’s Rustic Ciabatta Flatbread (or any thin crust)

·         1 head broccoli

·         1 medium onion, sliced

·         1 medium tomato, sliced

·         1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese

·         Salt and garlic powder to taste

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil

2.       Cut the broccoli into bit size florets and steam for about 5 minutes, or until soft

3.       Layer the tomatoes onto the crust

4.       Layer the onions over the tomatoes and then add the broccoli over the onions

5.       Season with salt and garlic powder

6.       Sprinkle the cheese on, making sure that it’s evenly spread across the entire pizza

7.       Again, season with salt and garlic powder

8.       Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown



The picture is darker on the one side because I always add some sausage or bratwurst to my boyfriend’s side.  You can also substitute any vegetables for the broccoli!  I have used asparagus and spinach in the past.

Nutritional Information (serves 4): 369 calories, 7.1g fat, 62.8 carbohydrates, 5.8g fiber, 4.6g sugar, 19g protein

Weight Watchers point per serving: 8 points plus

No comments:

Post a Comment