Thursday, July 5, 2012

Avocados

Avocados have become one of my favorite foods.  You can do so many things with them: eat them plain, put them in a sandwich or omelet, or make a dip out of them.   The next recipe I want to share with you comes from my Aunt Marianne.   I had it for the first time this Easter and knew I needed the recipe!  It has a little bit of spice to it but that adds to the appeal.   She had told me how simple it was but not until I got the recipe did I realize that it was really that easy!
Ingredients:
·         2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced

·         2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies (they have this in hot as well)

·         Garlic powder, to taste
Directions:
1.       Mix the avocados, diced tomatoes and chilies, and garlic powder together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

2.       When ready to serve, remove from fridge and serve with tortilla chips

Easy enough right?!  You can also doctor it a little by adding sour cream or olive oil as well as whatever spices you like!
Nutritional Information without tortillas (serves 10): 71 calories, 5.9g fat, 4.8g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 1.3g sugar, .8g protein
Weight Watchers points per serving without tortillas: 2 points plus

No comments:

Post a Comment