Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Turkey Chili

I plan out our dinner menu for the week so that way I know what groceries I need to get and it's just a lot easier when it comes to cooking dinner! A few months ago my mom bought us this Hamilton Beach crock pot that I have just been itching to use.


So when planning our menu for this week, I decided it was time to break out the crock pot! I found a Turkey Chili recipe from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks that I wanted to try.  This was one of the easiest dinners I have ever made! If you are on the go and looking for something delicious, I would definitely try this.  It's not very spicy so next time I would probably add some jalapenos.  I also served it over rice.  This is definitely a dish that will be made in our apartment again.  I also can't wait to try more crock pot recipes!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. hot turkey sausage
  • 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, with juices
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic and tomatoes, with juices
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies, with juices 
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Remove the casings from the turkey sausage and add it to the crock pot.  Break the sausage up with a spoon. 
  2. Add the pinto beans, both cans of tomatoes (all with their juices), and the onions to the crock pot.  
  3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. 
  4. Season with salt and pepper and serve over rice. 


*Weight Watchers points per serving (6 servings - 1 cup each):  6 points plus

1 cup of rice - 5 Weight Watchers points plus

*If you only wanted to do 4 servings, it would be 1.5 cups and 8 Weight Watchers points plus

No comments:

Post a Comment