Thursday, August 23, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese

The Laughing Cow cheese has become an instant favorite of mine!  I love the Garlic and Herb wedges and use that on my sandwiches now instead of sliced cheese.  I even got my mom hooked after I left the Queso one at her place.  She uses it in her omelets.  When I stumbled across this Hungry Girl recipe for macaroni and cheese, I knew I had to try it since it uses the Swiss Laughing Cow cheese.  This recipe is so creamy and cheesy.  And it's quick too!  Next time I will be adding some protein to this. 



Ingredients: 
Directions: 
  1. Cook the pasta al dente. Drain. 
  2. While the pasta is cooking, place the cauliflower and cheese in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a paper towel.  Heat in the microwave for about 10 - 12 minutes.  
  3. Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the cauliflower and cheese and stir to coat. 
  4. Heat the Swiss cheese wedges in the microwave for about 30 seconds until smooth.  Add the Swiss to the bowl with the pasta and stir to coat.  
  5. Season with salt and pepper. 
Nutritional Information (serves 4 -- 1 cup each): 206 calories, 4.2 g fat, 40g carbohydrates, 6.5g fiber, 3.7g sugar, 7.5g protein

Weight Watchers points per serving (1 cup): 5 points plus

No comments:

Post a Comment