Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chicken Enchiladas

Mexican food is definitely one of my favorite types of foods.  I think it mainly has to do with the fact that I love sour cream and that's used in pretty much everything Mexican!  However, I am always looking for alternatives to reduce the fat and calories in my food and have found that the perfect substitute for sour cream is non-fat plain Greek yogurt.  I figured this out when I tried this Chicken Enchilada recipe that I absolutely love! I have probably made this 15 times in the last 3 months because that's how good it is.  I still haven't found a way to fully cut out sour cream -- I put a little on top of each serving!

Ingredients for Filling:
  • 9 Mission Carb Balance Medium flour tortillas
  • 12.5 oz. can 99% fat free chunk chicken breast, packed in water
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped green peppers
  • 1/2 cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat 4 cheese Mexican Cheese
Ingredients for Sauce:
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat 4 cheese Mexican Cheese
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-fat cooking spray

2. Spray a large pan with non-fat cooking spray and saute the chicken, peppers, and onions until the onions are softened.


3. Mix the chicken mixture with the Greek yogurt and cheese.


4. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and roll into a burrito.  (note -- the picture only shows 7 tortillas because I fill 4 of them for my boyfriend with about 1/2 cup)

5. For the sauce, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over the top of the tortillas.


6. Cover the dish with foil and back for about 15-20 minutes.



Nutritional Information (serves 9): 203 calories, 5.3g fat, 22mg cholesterol, 22.1g carbohydrates, 11.7g fiber, 2.2g sugar, 19.1g protein

Weight Watchers points per serving: 4 points plus

**I normally each two for dinner, for a total of 8 points plus and add two tablespoons of fat-free sour cream, to make it a 9 points plus dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment